No. 68, OCTOBER 5, 1936
OIL FEED LINE HEATER FOR WINTER OPERATION OF DRY SUMP TWINS
In order to insure a quick flow of oil to the motor when
temperatures are below freezing, we recommend the installation
of an oil feed line heater. This device uses a
small amount of the front cylinder exhaust gases to heat
the feed line directly below the oil tank.
The price is $1.00 list – Accessory “A” discount .
The method of installation is as follows:
- Remove small screw that holds front exhaust pipe to
- Drill cut this hole (including exhaust pipe) and tap
with 1/8″ pipe tap.
- Screw in small connector fitting, being sure it is in
far enough to hold exhaust pipe.
- Remove oil feed tube nipple from bottom of oil tank.
- Slip heater jacket over heat nipple (open end of
jacket down) and screw into bottom of oil tank at feed
- Reconnect oil feed line.
- Connect tube from heater jacket to connection fitting
in exhaust port. Run heater tube behind exhaust tube.
ORDER BY NUEBER 40977 – FEED LINE HEATER ASSEMBLY – $1.00 List