TAPPET CLICK ON INDIAN 4 INTAKE VALVES
When adjusting intake valve tappet clearances – check the rocker arms for side play.
Rocker arms should rock free on the needle bearing with .002 side play.
Too much side play will cause a click that sounds like excess tappet clearance or piston slap.
|Note:||Intake push rods should spin freely|
when valve is seated and proper
tappet clearance made. Should they
bind – remove and free up the ball
on the rod at the rocker arm end.
INDIAN MOTOCYCLE COMPANY
PARTS RETURNED FOR REPAIRS
- Mail “Return of Parts” form direct to the Service department giving list of parts returned and how they are to be handled.
- Do not include instructions for repair in a letter addressed to some other department.
- All parts returned for repair should be stripped of fittings. Example: Tanks should have oil and gas fitting and caps removed. Forks should have springs, links, shackles and bolts removed. Much time will be saved in handling here at the factory, also the cost of the repair will be much less.
- A dealer should not send in a complete fork or frame assembly. The pulling down of complete assembly should be done in the dealer’s shop.
- All shipments into the factory should be prepaid.
- Be sure that shipments are plainly marked and that the sender’s name and address is given. Oftentimes shipments have been received with our address but nothing to tell from where parts were sent.